The San Diego Coast District – North Sector Lifeguard Service patrols over 13.2 miles of the Southern California Coastline and provides aquatic safety for approximately 7.4 million visitors by providing approximately 150,000 safety contacts, 2,500 rescues, and 1,600 medical aids each year.
CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS LIFEGUARD I (SEASONAL)
STARTING PAY $14.91 PER HOUR
BEGIN A REWARDING & CHALLENGING CAREER!
Work as an ocean lifeguard for California State Parks
BE TRAINED IN:
- Advanced First Aid, CPR, AED
- Open Water Lifesaving Techniques
- Aquatic Search and Rescue Procedures
- Possession of a valid California Driver License with a good driving record at time of appointment.
- Physical strength and endurance.
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays.
- Visual and hearing acuity necessary to detect and rescue a struggling victim in the water.
TO QUALIFY: Picture I.D. is REQUIRED on the day of the swim test. All minors shall have a parent or guardian PRESENT on the day of the swim test for swim test waiver signature. All applicants are required to complete the following:
1.) You must pass a COMPETITIVE swimming test at a listed location consisting of the following: . 1,000 yard open water swim. Time limit of 20 minutes. . A continuous 200 yard run, 400 yard swim, 200 yard run. Time limit of 10 minutes.
2.) Qualification appraisal interview.
3.) Successful completion of the California State Park Lifeguard Training Program.
4.) Successful completion of Field Training Program.
2014 OCEAN TESTING DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- Rio Del Mar Saturday, March 8, 2014, 9:00AM
- Huntington Saturday, March 8, 2014, 9:00AM
- South Carlsbad Saturday, March 8, 2014, 9:00AM
- Refugio Sunday, March 9, 2014, 9:00AM
- Half Moon Bay Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9:00AM
- Oceano Dunes Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9:00AM
- Leo Carrillo Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9:00AM
- San Clemente Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9:00AM
- Silver Strand Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9:00AM
- Crystal Cove Saturday, March 22, 2014, 9:00AM
- Monterey Saturday, March 22, 2014, 9:00AM
- Ventura Sunday, March 23, 2014, 9:00AM
2014 Ocean Lifeguard Training Dates at Huntington State Beach
The Lifeguard Training Program is 8 days / 80+ hours
- Ocean Session I: Saturdays/Sundays: May 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, May 31/June 1
- Ocean Session II: Tuesday, June 10 – Tuesday, June 17
- Ocean Session III: Friday, June 20 – Friday, June 27
Note: Listed training dates may change or be cancelled due to scheduling or operational needs.
2014 SEASONAL LIFEGUARD JOB SEMINAR
DATES: Sunday, February 9th, 2014 TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014 TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
INFORMATION: RSVP Contact Paul Andrus at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This seminar will cover general information on the testing and training process required in order to qualify for a job as a Seasonal Lifeguard I for the California State Lifeguard Service.
The Seminar will consist of an in depth lecture and discussion period covering the process in becoming a Seasonal Lifeguard for the State of California: Physical Testing, Interview Process, Lifeguard Training, Hiring and Field Training. During the presentation the participants will be given an overview of Lifeguard Operations. The main emphasis of the Seminar will focus on the Interview Process as that is the most difficult step in qualifying for the Lifeguard Training Program.
Please come prepared to take part in the discussions. Parents are welcome. We want to answer all of your questions and prepare you for the upcoming challenges. Please be on time and bring note taking materials. There will a very useful handout made available at the Seminar. PLEASE ENCOURAGE OTHERS SERIOUS ABOUT THE JOB OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND THIS INFORMATIONAL SEMINAR!!
Want to Learn More? Watch our State Lifeguard Training video! Go to: www.parks.ca.gov/aquaticsafety
For more information and questions: (760) 392-0029
In accordance with Government Code 19063-19063.8, any person admitted to the interview and who is receiving public assistance under the CalWorks Program shall be given priority consideration. Equal opportunity to all regardless of sex, race, ancestry, disability, age or sexual orientation.