Recruiting for 2016!
The San Diego Coast District – North Sector Lifeguard Service patrols over 13 miles of the Southern California Coastline and provides aquatic safety for approximately 7.4 million visitors / year.
We log approximately 150,000 safety contacts, 2,500 rescues, and 1,600 medical aids each year.
CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS LIFEGUARD I (SEASONAL)
STARTING PAY $15.55 PER HOUR
BEGIN A REWARDING & CHALLENGING CAREER!
Be an ocean lifeguard for California State Parks
BE TRAINED IN:
- Advanced First Aid, CPR, AED
- Open Water Lifesaving Techniques
- Aquatic Search and Rescue Procedures
- Possession of a valid California Driver License with a good driving record at time of appointment.
- Physical strength and endurance.
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays.
- Visual and hearing acuity necessary to detect and rescue a struggling victim in the water
- Picture ID is required on the Day of the Swim Test
- Minors MUST have a parent / guardian present on the day of the Swim Test
THE 4-STEP PROCESS TO BECOME A STATE LIFEGUARD:
1.) You must pass a competitive OCEAN SWIM TEST at a listed location
A. 1,000 yard open water swim (time limit 20 min).
B. Run - Swim - Run 200/400/200 (time limit of 10 mins).
2.) Qualification appraisal interview.
3.) Successful completion of the State Lifeguard Training Program.
4.) Successful completion of Field Training Program.
2016 OCEAN SWIM TESTING DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- Huntington Saturday Feb 27 0900
- Ventura Sunday Feb 28 0900
- Silver Strand Saturday March 5 0900
- San Clemente Saturday March 5 0900
- Pismo Dunes Saturday March 5 0900
- Crystal Cove Sunday March 6 0900
- Angeles Sunday March 6 0900
- Carlsbad Saturday March 12 0900
- Santa Barbara Saturday March 12 0900
- Monterey Saturday March 12 0900
- Santa Cruz Saturday March 12 0900
- Half Moon Bay Sunday March 13 0900
2016 STATE LIFEGUARD TRAINING PROGRAM
The Lifeguard Training Program is 8 days / 80+ hours
Location : Huntington State Beach
- Ocean Session I: Weekends May 14/15, 21/22, 28/29, June 4/5
- Ocean Session II: 8 Days June 10 – June 17
- Ocean Session III: 8 Days June 20 – June 27
Note: Listed training dates may change or be cancelled due to scheduling or operational needs.
2016 SEASONAL LIFEGUARD JOB SEMINAR
DATES: February 14, 2016 TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
or March 6, 2016 TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
INFORMATION: RSVP Contact Ed Vodrazka at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The free Seminar will focus on the job duties and benefits of being an ocean lifeguard.
We will also cover the entire process in becomming a Seasonal Ocean Lifeguard as well as some strategies may help you get hired. Topics will include: Physical Testing, Interview Process, Lifeguard Training, Hiring and Field Training.
Parents are welcome to attend.
Please be on time and bring note taking materials.
FEEL FREE TO BRING OTHERS WHO MIGHT WANT TO BECOME AN OCEAN LIFEGUARD
Want to Learn More? Watch our State Lifeguard Training video! Go to: www.parks.ca.gov/aquaticsafety
For more information and questions: (760) 392-0029
In accordance with Government Code 19063-19063.8, any person admitted to the interview and who is receiving public assistance under the CalWorks Program shall be given priority consideration. Equal opportunity to all regardless of sex, race, ancestry, disability, age or sexual orientation.