The San Diego Coast District – North Sector Lifeguard Service patrols over 13 miles of the Southern California Coastline and provides aquatic safety for approximately 7.4 million visitors / year by providing approximately 150,000 safety contacts, 2,500 rescues, and 1,600 medical aids each year.
CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS LIFEGUARD I (SEASONAL)
STARTING PAY $14.91 PER HOUR
BEGIN A REWARDING & CHALLENGING CAREER!
Be an ocean lifeguard for California State Parks
BE TRAINED IN:
- Advanced First Aid, CPR, AED
- Open Water Lifesaving Techniques
- Aquatic Search and Rescue Procedures
- Possession of a valid California Driver License with a good driving record at time of appointment.
- Physical strength and endurance.
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays.
- Visual and hearing acuity necessary to detect and rescue a struggling victim in the water
- Picture ID is required on the Day of the Swim Test
- Minors MUST have a parent / guardian present on the day of the Swim Test
THE 4-STEP PROCESS TO BECOME A STATE LIFEGUARD:
1.) You must pass a competitive OCEAN SWIM TEST at a listed location
A. 1,000 yard open water swim (time limit 20 min).
B. Run - Swim - Run 200/400/200 (time limit of 10 mins).
2.) Qualification appraisal interview.
3.) Successful completion of the State Lifeguard Training Program.
4.) Successful completion of Field Training Program.
2015 OCEAN SWIM TESTING DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- Half Moon Bay Saturday, March 7, 2015, 9:00AM
- Huntington Saturday, March 7, 2015, 9:00AM
- Refugio Saturday, March 7, 2015, 9:00AM
- Silver Strand Saturday, March 7, 2015, 9:00AM
- Leo Carrillo Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:00AM
- Oceano Dunes Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:00AM
- Rio Del Mar Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:00AM
- San Clemente Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:00AM
- South Carlsbad Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:00AM
- Crystal Cove Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:00AM
- Monterey Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:00AM
- Ventura Sunday, March 22, 2015 9:00AM
2015 STATE LIFEGUARD TRAINING PROGRAM
The Lifeguard Training Program is 8 days / 80+ hours
Location : Huntington State Beach
- Ocean Session I: Weekends Saturdays/Sundays: May 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, May 30/31
- Ocean Session II: 8 Days Tuesday, June 9 – Tuesday, June 16
- Ocean Session III: 8 Days Friday, June 19 – Friday, June 26
Note: Listed training dates may change or be cancelled due to scheduling or operational needs.
2015 SEASONAL LIFEGUARD JOB SEMINAR
DATES: Sunday, February 1, 2015 TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, March 8, 2015 TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
INFORMATION: RSVP Contact Ed Vodrazka at: email@example.com
The free Seminar will focus on the job duties and benefits of being an ocean lifeguard.
We will also cover the entire process and some strategies to become a Seasonal Lifeguard for the State of California, including Physical Testing, Interview Process, Lifeguard Training, Hiring and Field Training.
Parents are welcome.
Please be on time and bring note taking materials.
FEEL FREE TO BRING OTHERS WHO ARE CURIOUS ABOUT BECOMMING A LIFEGUARD
Want to Learn More? Watch our State Lifeguard Training video! Go to: www.parks.ca.gov/aquaticsafety
For more information and questions: (760) 392-0029
In accordance with Government Code 19063-19063.8, any person admitted to the interview and who is receiving public assistance under the CalWorks Program shall be given priority consideration. Equal opportunity to all regardless of sex, race, ancestry, disability, age or sexual orientation.